Autodesk Netfabb Premium 2017.2 | 1.2 Gb
Autodesk Inc., a world leader in 3D design software for entertainment, natural resources, manufacturing, engineering, construction, and civil infrastructure, announced the release of NETFABB Premium 2017.2, is designed to help you reduce costs, increase efficiency and improve part performance in additive manufacturing and 3D printing.Following Autodesk's recent announcement of its portfolio subtractive and additive manufacturing solutions, the company unveiled Autodesk Netfabb 2017, a comprehensive toolkit for additive manufacturing professionals. Users can access all the software they need to help reduce costs, increase efficiency and improve part performance in industrial 3D printing production environments. Autodesk Netfabb 2017 integrates design enhancement, manufacturing preparation and build simulation tools in one software environment that shares a common installer, common file formats and process definitions.
Since acquiring netfabb in 2015, Autodesk has been busy adding advanced technologies. For example, we've added powerful new capabilities – including enhanced simulation, optimization and advanced toolpath capabilities – that will provide engineers and designers with a broad collection of additive
New Engines, Partners, Workspaces
– Two new workspaces have been added for collaborative multi-head 3D printing, based on Project Escher, available at all subscription tiers. For more information on Project Escher, visit http://www.projectescher.com.
– Three new workspaces have been added for Renishaw machines AM 250, AM 400, and RenAM 500M (tiers Premium and up)
– A new workspace has been added for the Sisma myrev series (tiers Standard and up)
– A generic FDM printer workspace has been added, available at all subscription tiers.
– Platform configurations are now listed with their platform size.
– Names of 2D and 3D packers have been changed slightly to be more consistent. Their arrangement in toolbar and context menus has also been tidied up.
Live Collision Detector
– Collisions found are now reported in a Warning dialog. It used to be an Error dialog.
Enhanced Support Module
– Set Cut for selection has been renamed to Set clip plane for selection to reflect more clearly what it does.
– A new Support action has been added, Cluster-contour with polyline.
– Working with Polygon cutting has received some improvements.
– Volume Support has been improved.
– A new context menu item has been added to down-facing edges, allowing quick, selective creation of support structures.
– A menu entry has been added under Extras to allow running Support scripts without having to launch the Enhanced Support Module.
– General script improvements, including better handling of delicate areas in need of additional support.
– Two new Repair actions have been added: Remove Problem Areas, which fixes areas with high density of triangles, and Sanitize Duplicate Nodes, which addresses instances of touching but individual shells having nodes in common.
– Finding thin walls for providing extra support by generating additional laser passes is now improved.
– A new option has been added to disable the subscription reminder once the Trial period has expired and to launch Autodesk Netfabb in non-subscription mode.
– Bugfixes and improvements for Measurement Snap-in (beta)
– CAD import maximum quality improved significantly
– Bugfixes in Labeling, HP engine
– A new Utility has been added, Autodesk PowerShape Utility for Netfabb, available in subscription tiers Premium and Ultimate.
– After successful additive manufacturing, subtractive manufacturing processes are often necessary to improve the surface finish and accuracy of part features. Netfabb helps manufacturers prepare parts for both additive and subsequent subtractive manufacturing processes.
– With this utility, Netfabb takes advantage of Autodesk PowerShape technology to design and plan near-net shapes for additive and subtractive manufacturing. Near-net-shapes can then be exported directly from Netfabb to Autodesk PowerMill® where you can create CNC programs on the features and surfaces.
New workflow: Topology Optimization
– Supports multiple load cases
– Multiple constraints and the optimization objective can be specified
– Supports optimization of part assemblies: fixed and variable parts can be defined
– Automatic surface generation
– The optimized design can be verified
Updated to use latest Nastran version
Optimization Utility is now fully available without functionality restriction during Trial period
This update includes a technology preview that allows you to simulate metal build processes in the cloud at no cost. This technology preview allows active Netfabb subscribers simulate metal build processes in the cloud at no cost for a limited time.
The feedback we receive during the tech preview phase will help guide the direction of this innovative new solution, before cloud-based simulation becomes available commercially.
– Implemented the notion of projects to group and save simulation files in folders.
– Added visual aid to recognize part orientation after import
– Added simulation progress indicator
– Improved UX regarding deformed STL
– Moved Wall Thickness to Analysis tab
– Implemented a point cloud data export
– Various UI polishes
– Various bugfixes
– The Build Style Log now looks more structured and clear.
– The development environment now supports unit testing for buildstyle projects.
– The buildstyle execution dialog now allowes to select and deselect every major step of the execution pipeline.
– The Buildstyle Examples are moved from the Netfabb installation folder to the user's document folder.
Latest Version may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
Supported Architectures: 64bit
System Requirements: PC